Find out how a sustainable rural hotel should work and the changes we've made to take care of the environment.
We've worked hard so our hotel Sant Joan de Binissaida can be as sustainable as possible. Through a vast quantity of projects, our hotel is now part of the ecological tourism, and we love it!
Discover how a sustainable hotel should work
For a hotel to be sustainable, it should consume as minimum as possible, using the natural resources within reach and minimising the impact on them. It's almost impossible to be 100% sustainable. Still, there are a few essential aspects that one accommodation should follow:
- Having a photovoltaic energy plant that produces electric energy or solar panels to use the solar energy for the production of how water, lights, sprinklers and other equipment that needs constant energy.
- Having recycling containers all over the hotel and reusing the maximum of the resources to decrease the residues.
In Sant Joan de Binissaida, a rural hotel, we contribute to the protection of the environment thanks to these reforms:
- Reforesting the empty hectares with native species of the zone, in our case, pine and olive trees, to create a forestall mass that protects the earth and the cattle that lives around the hotel.
- Recovering and reusing the maximum of original constructions to avoid having to use new resources. Binissaida has recovered all the walls of “dry stones” that surround the hotel’s land.
- Self-cultivation of products with barnyards, gardens or cattle, so the hotel can produce its own natural and first quality food. In our case, the majority of our fresh products come from our garden.
These are the most important aspects that a sustainable hotel should follow, and we accomplish them all! Visit us if you want to discover how great life is in a sustainable hotel, we’re waiting for you!